Sunday, March 18, 2012

Carefree Living: Rising Above it All

Just a few weeks ago, I celebrated my 29th birthday; it was a pretty amazing day to say the least. My spontaneous girlfriend, Alison, decided it would be fun to pretend we were making an innocent trip to the grocery store -- only instead of picking up ingredients to make dinner, we took a small detour to... a parking lot and climbed into the basket of a hot air balloon. Exciting to say the least.


I used to live in Del Mar where every Sunday afternoon 50 hot air balloons would gracefully float by above our house, displaying a scene of utter beauty. I often found myself looking straight up into the sky, nearly falling backward when those balloons sailed by overhead. Since those days, I've always wondered what it might be like to be on the other side of the coin, only this time in the basket, suspended thousands of feet off the ground. I now know what it's like. And I highly recommend it.


It probably comes as no surprise that someone like me, who earns a living by driving to client's houses - looking at roofs and making recommendations for eliminating electric bills with solar panels -- might particularly enjoy a "flight" a few thousand feet off the ground. Literally, I was like a kid in a candy store, pointing out to Alison all the potential south-facing rooftops out there that would be best for maximizing space and producing some serious kilowatt hours over the years. So much fun!

Then it happened... I saw a solar ground rack array that looked particularly familiar. 72 panels, landscape, facing south, about 100 feet from the house... "Why does that solar array look so familiar?" I asked Alison. Then it hit me -- "that's a ground rack we installed for our client in Rancho Santa Fe last summer!" Pretty exciting stuff, seeing the fruits of your labor. As we entered into the last segment of our balloon ride, our elevation dropped gracefully until our client's ground rack was in plain sight. Here's the photo I snapped just before passing by.

Do you see it? Hint: It's just left of the center of the picture
All in all, during our balloon ride from Encinitas to the Carmel Mountain area, I was able to point out three installations that Cosmic Solar had performed over the last few years. That was a great feeling to say the least, knowing we've been able to assist homeowners in installing their very own power plants, helping to reduce carbon emissions and become energy independent. After touching down on solid ground again, I left the basket with a sense of pride knowing hard work, perseverance and positive intentions really do make a difference in this world.

As summer approaches and we lead into our busiest season, I look forward to continuing to offer our services out there to homeowners, helping lead the way for intelligent clients to positively impact their future. In fact, I'm so excited for many of our clients that I often find it difficult to leave the jobsite after passing our final inspection, doing my best to fine tune our systems and leave their home looking cleaner than when our crews arrived.

I just want to throw out a quick "thank you" to everyone out there who supports the solar industry and has made it possible to create a better life for future generations. I truly believe many will look back in a few decades and praise the individuals who made the initiative to lead this green energy movement to better not only our financial situations but also our beautiful world.

Thanks for reading and I sincerely hope everyone is gearing up for a great summer.


Pey Shadzi
Operations Manager at Cosmic Solar
pey@cosmicsolar.com
760-532-9712

No comments:

Post a Comment